Wednesday 18 July 2012

happy birthday nelson!


A short post tonight; I just wanted to say a big happy birthday to someone who is a big inspiration to me.

He doesn't know me; he doesn't know I occupy a place in the world. He certainly doesn't know how much I admire and respect him, or the influence he has had on my thoughts, beliefs or the way I view the world and the people in it.

Happy birthday Nelson!

We all see the world in different ways, through different eyes, and in different contexts. Some of us are religious, some aren't. Some of us are "upper" class, some of us are "working" class. Some of us are black, some of us are white, some of us are lots of variations in between. For me, with my background and beliefs, this is what I feel: Jesus told me to practice forgiveness, but Nelson showed me how to do it.



chillin' with Nelson, March 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment