Tuesday 28 January 2014

a short but passionate love affair


Air Mauritius, we need to talk. About us. I think we need to take some time apart. It's not you, it's me... Actually, who am I kidding? It's you.

You reeled me in so easily. You seduced me with your cheap fares, glamorous destinations, sweet-talking cabin crew, French champagne and fine dining. I was in love. The kind of love you shout from the rooftops and post all over Facebook and Twitter. Then you left me stranded for three days and you broke my heart (and make me look like a fool).

You promised so much but as our relationship went on, you stopped caring. You made promises you never planned to keep, took advantage of me financially and when I tried to fix things you gave me the cold shoulder. All the while you kept giving me just enough hope to keep believing in you.

The sad thing is that even now, when I'm sitting here thinking about you, writing you a letter trying to recoup the thousands of dollars I'm out of pocket because you gave up on me when I needed you most - I'm still a fool for you and I would probably do it all again. Sigh.



Business Class on the Air Mauritius A340 from Perth... beore the cyclone, the four day delay, and the re-route via Hong Kong. A happier time.

No comments:

Post a Comment